Fiber, a brief background
Ten to one, you already know a bit about fiber and one of its main purposes. It helps you poo. Regularly. Now that that is out of the way (for now) here is a bit more information about it.
- It fills you up from its bulk, which means you feel full sooner and for longer. This in turn can help you limit how much you consume if you are trying to watch your weight and manage your diet.
- It stabilizes blood sugar levels.
- Has been known to lower your risk of heart disease which is a pretty big deal.
- It activates your gut through peristalsis which are little waves in your tummy to make the food move along the tract.
- Does not come from animal products so your parents were right, you do need to eat your fruits and veggies. Sorry.
Continue reading “Why Fiber = Happy Gut!”