Ever have a day where you are just NOT feeling your workout? Who am I kidding, of course you have! Not to worry though, I have compiled some killer songs that will help you just DESTROY your workout! YAY!!
After a long workout, it’s important that you refuel your body for maximum muscle recovery. Here is a short list of my 3 favorite post workout snacks.
1. Smoothie: Now I know this may seem impractical for some people to cart a smoothie around. How will it stay cold? If you have a hot/cold thermos type cup, you will find that it can stay cold for quite awhile! Tip: add in ice cubes before you leave for the gym (inside or out) to keep it icy cool.
My favorite blend is one using bananas, almond milk and a teaspoon of peanut butter. It is delightfully creamy, nutty and delicious!
2. Trail Mix: easy to pack, especial if you use some snack sized baggies and high in protein. Just watch the sugar content, look for ones that have more nuts and fruit than candy.
3. Protein Shake: bring a shaker bottle with either your pre-measured amount in the bottom of the bottle or in a shaker bottle with compartments.
Have a great day everyone!! 😀
Hello lovelies, super quick post today. I just received my Sweatpink shoelaces today and the total count is 26!! That means I have 26 pairs to give away to my awesome readers in the United States that shoot me an email at email@example.com with their mailing address. Awesome right? Each person will receive 2 pairs of shoelaces, one for you and one for a friend, all I ask is that you that you tell them you got them from Sweatpink (Fit Approach) and Fitty Duck. Easy enough right? So send me a request and I will get them out as soon as possible! Have a lovely day!!
Who doesn’t want a flatter belly? Follow some of these tips for results!
- Add water– adding water can help decrease bloating and even flush out water weight so it can give you a flatter tummy.
- Decrease your salt intake– consuming too much salt contributes to water weight and bloating. Decrease these and you may notice that you feel less bloated.
- Decrease sugar intake– like number two, this can lead to bloating especially if you consume a lot of sodas or diet sodas work on cutting these out of your diet.
- Add planks– planks are a great way to tighten up your middle section and strengthen those core muscles which can lead to a flatter belly, yay!
- Increase fiber intake– by increasing how much fiber you consume you also decrease bloating (are you seeing a theme here?) and gas which can lead to a puffy appearance in your abdomen.
- Add cardio– by adding cardio you burn extra fat that otherwise will just sit there. For a lot of people fat likes to sit in the middle section so by adding cardio and burning some of that fat off you’ll have a flatter belly.
- Add weight training– this one goes with number six weight training increases how much energy you burn after your workouts so you’ll continue to burn fat even though you finished your work out hours ago. This also leads to less fat over wall and generally a flatter belly.
I hope you find these tips helpful, if you do add a comment below and tell me what you liked about it. Also do you have any additional tips on how to flatten out your tummy? If so leave it below! Love you guys!
Another boring workout? How sad! I get it working out isn’t always fun but here are five ways to make it better!
- Bring a friend! Sometimes all you need is a little extra encouragement and someone to talk to you to make a work out significantly better. Bringing a friend along has double benefits as you both get an a great work out and you get to catch up.
- Buy new gear– when you buy new workout clothes you get excited about working out again and then you get excited about working out in those clothes so treat yourself, buy a new outfit.
- Find a new workout- sometimes all you need is to shake up your routine. This also has double benefits as you get excited for working out again and I can help you get over a plateau.
- Take it outside– a change of scenery can do a lot instead of the same old view at the gym. If your runner, take a new route or do your normal route in reverse. If you’re a walker try a new Street or driving to a park and walking around that.
- Add new music! I can’t tell you how many times music has got me through a rough workout that otherwise would’ve been just plain dry! And if you don’t have a new playlist I have one for you right here!
What other ways do you make workouts fun? Sound off below! Love you!
Being a fitness lover I run into myths galore. In this short roundup, I have three of the top fitness myths you may encounter.
- No pain no gain– it’s not supposed to hurt to work out, if it hurts you’re doing something wrong. The myth that working out is supposed to be painful it is wrong and dangerous and can lead to setbacks in your fitness journey as you recover from an injury.
- You must work out every day– this is also a bad idea. You want to give your body a rest day or two in between your workouts to allow for ample recovery. Now, on your rest days you don’t have to do nothing at all you can just go for a walk or do some light cardio or yoga that way you’re still moving.
- You can spot reduce-you can’t lose weight in targeted areas. You tend to lose weight where you gain it first so if you gain weight in your face first that’s generally where you’ll see the weight-loss at before other places. What you should use instead as a tool of measurement is your actual body measurements and watch how you lose overall inches in your full body.
I hope you like this quick little round up and I’ll see you next time! Love you guys!
I’m back with another roundup! Do you find your muscles are tight, tense and achy? Read more for 7 stretches to loosen you up!